“Use of nutrigenetics & nutri(epi)genomics in nutrition”
This Training School will help in promoting new research in the field of the Action using innovative approaches. This training focused on the Use of Nutrigenetics and Nutri(Epi)genomics in Nutrition Research will combine open webinars for a large audience and a practical part dedicated to training a limited number of early-stage researchers (ESR) and experienced researchers (ER) of the Action.
This 2-steps Training School* on "Nutrigenetics and Nutri(Epi)genomics " will include:
- PART 1, webinars (June, September 2017) : introductory courses on nutrigenetics and nutri(epi)genomics. These webinars are opened for all interested partners.
Each webinar will have a duration of about 45 minutes. The tentative list of trainers/topics is being prepared.
- PART 2 (on place in Thessaloniki, 20-22 September, 2017): include the participation to the 3rd Scientific Workshop of the Action focused on the Topic of the TS (1 day) + a practical course (1.5-days). This part is for 20-25 trainees interested to develop research with these approaches in their lab.
*An electronic survey has been sent to all the POSITIVE partners to identify the needs and expectations of POSITIVe partners in order to establish the program and select the trainees who will participate to the practical courses.
Dr. Anne-Marie Minihiane
Dr. Baukje de Roos
Dr. Dragan Milenkovic
Dr. Wim Van den Berghe
PART 1 - WEBINARS:
Three webinars will be arranged in june and/or september 2017 on separate days. Each webinar will have a duration of about 45 minutes.
Tentative list of trainers/topics (dates and speakers to be confirmed):
- Dr José Ordovas – Genetics and genomics in nutrition
Professor, Tufts University, USA
- Dr Ahmed El-Sohemy – Bioactives and genetic polymorphism
Professor in Nutrigenomics at University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Dr Clarissa Gerhäuser – Plant food bioactives and nutriepigenetics
Professor at German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
- Dr Dragan Milenkovic – Plant food bioactives and nutrigenomics : gene and miRNA
Senior research scientist at INRA, France
- Dr Evrim Acar – Integration of omics data
Assistant professor, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
PART 2 - WORKSHOP + PRACTICAL COURSE
- WORKSHOP « Omics breakthroughs in the health effects of plant food bioactive »
Scientific program available here soon
Open to all POSITIVe attendees in Thessaloniki. TS participants must attend this Workshop
- PRACTICAL COURSE
Only for selected Trainees
The program will include:
- DNA sequence analyses, SNPs, assassination with biological response (plant food sterol and cholesterol levels
- Target gene sequences, SNP, association with bioavailability
- Transciptomics and epigenetics (methods available, approaches, etc), how raw data are treated, and bioinformatics: pathways, network, integration of the 2. Also presentation of user-friendly databases, as well as use of R.
- Data integration, miRNA and bioinformatics
- Cell signalling kinase analyses and in-silico docking.