The 1st international conference on Food Bioactives & Helath (FBHC2016)* include a COST POSITIVe Scientific Session on "Inter-individual variation in response to food bioactives". This session is scheduled on 15th September from 8:30 to 13:00.
FBHC2016 will be held from 13 to 15 September at the John Innes Centre (Norwich Research Park).
More information about location at the IFR website : http://www.ifr.ac.uk/about/finding-ifr/
Some Pictures of the event :
COST POSITIVe Session - Scientific Programme
Thursday 15th September
9:00 - 10:00 am - Invited plenaries
- 9:00-9:30: Peter Jones, University of Manitoba, Canada – Individual variation in responses to stanol/sterol esters and PUFA
- 9:30-10:00:Anne Marie Minihane, University of East Anglia, UK – Fish oils and cardiovascular health: role of Apolipoprotein genotypes
10:00 - 10:40 am: POSITIVe Working Groups talks on main findings
- 10:00-10:20: Main findings of WG1 by Tom Van de Wiele, Ghent University, Belgium – Interindividual variability in the absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion of plant food bioactives
- 10:20-10:40: Main findings of WG2 by Ana Rodriguez-Matéos, Univ Dusseldorf, Germany - Variability in the biological responsiveness of plant food bioactives regarding cardiometabolic endpoints
11:10 - 12:40 : 6 short oral communications
- 11:10-11:25: González-Sarrías A et al, Spain. Urolithin metabotype clustering determines the effect of pomegranate consumption on lipid cardiometabolic biomarkers. Evidence from a double-blind, cross-over, dose-response, randomized, placebo-controlled trial.
- 11:25-11:40: Williamson G et al, UK. Intra- and inter-individual variation in urinary excretion of metabolites of phenolic acids after consumption of coffee
- 11:40-11:55: Barber-Chamoux N, Milenkovic D et al, France. Acute intake of curcumin differently affects endothelial function and nutrigenomic response in male and female smokers: a randomized controlled trial
- 11:55-12:10: Pinto P et al, Portugal. Inter-individual variability in response to the intake of flavonols on blood lipid levels:a meta-analysis of randomized controlled human trials
- 12:10-12:25: Rosario Bronze M, Portugal. Effect of a Functional Fruit Concentrate on post-prandial glycaemic response in pre-diabetes and type 2 diabetes patients: exploring the inter-individual variation
- 12:25-12:40: Mena P, Italy. Inter-individual variability in the combined production of metabolites from green tea flavan-3-ols and coffee chlorogenic acids