“Use of nutrigenetics & nutri(epi)genomics in nutrition”
This Training School will help in promoting new research in the field of the Action using innovative approaches. This training focused on the Use of Nutrigenetics and Nutri(Epi)genomics in Nutrition Research will combine open webinars for a large audience and a practical part dedicated to training a limited number of early-stage researchers (ESR) and experienced researchers (ER) of the Action.
This 2-steps Training School* on "Nutrigenetics and Nutri(Epi)genomics " will include:
- PART 1, webinars ( September 2017) : introductory courses on nutrigenetics and nutri(epi)genomics. These webinars are opened for all interested partners.
Each webinar will have a duration of about 45 minutes. The tentative list of trainers/topics is being prepared.
- PART 2 (on place in Thessaloniki, 20-22 September, 2017): include the participation to the 3rd Scientific Workshop of the Action focused on the Topic of the TS (1 day) + a practical course (1.5-days). This part is for 20-25 trainees interested to develop research with these approaches in their lab.
*An electronic survey has been sent to all the POSITIVE partners to identify the needs and expectations of POSITIVe partners in order to establish the program and select the trainees who will participate to the practical courses.
Dr. Anne-Marie Minihiane
Dr. Baukje de Roos
Dr. Dragan Milenkovic
Dr. Wim Van den Berghe
Welcome to Thessaloniki
PART 1 - WEBINARS:
Each webinar will have a duration of about 45 minutes.
7th September, 2017
12th September, 2017
15th September, 2017
PART 2 - WORKSHOP & PRACTICAL COURSE
- WORKSHOP « Omics breakthroughs in the health effects of plant food bioactive »
Scientific program available here
Open to all POSITIVe attendees in Thessaloniki. TS participants must attend this Workshop
- PRACTICAL COURSE
Only for selected Trainees
The program will include:
- DNA sequence analyses, SNPs, assassination with biological response (plant food sterol and cholesterol levels)
- Target gene sequences, SNP, association with bioavailability
- Transciptomics and epigenetics (methods available, approaches, etc), how raw data are treated, and bioinformatics: pathways, network, integration of the 2. Also presentation of user-friendly databases, as well as use of R.
- Data integration, miRNA and bioinformatics
- Cell signalling kinase analyses and in-silico docking.
Thursday September 21 - afternoon
Nutrigenetics and individual's response to plant food bioactives
Richardson Center for Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals
University of Manitoba
Friday September 22
DNA sequencing, nutrigenetics and polyphenols
Norwich Research Park
Nutri(epi)genomics and polyphenols: from banch to bioinformatic analyses
Department Biomedical Sciences - University Antwerp
PPES lab Proteinchemistry, Proteomics & Epigenetic Signaling