The SPS network provides educational structures in plant sciences unique in France. SPS members teach different topics mostly in plant biology, genetics and biotechnologies including genomics, integrative biology and physiology (seed biology and reproduction, genome structure and expression, cell division and differentiation, hormone biosynthesis and response, ...) but also industrial and nutritional uses of plant products.
Teaching (2015 - 2016)
Engineering School (AgroParisTech)
Engineering specializations (5th year of university) :
- Production and innovation in the plant technical systems (PIST)
- Plant protection and environment (PPE)
- Management, innovation and performance of life system (GIPE)
- Biology and health – School BMP (Biology – Medicine – Pharmacy) – Université Paris-Saclay
- Integrative Biology and Physiology – School BASE (Biodiversity – Food – Society – Environment) – Université Paris-Saclay
- Plant Sciences – Research program or Professional program preparing to work in a company (Innovation for Quality and Plant Products) - Université Paris-Saclay
Doctoral schools (Université Paris-Saclay)
- ED 567 - Doctoral School in Plant Sciences - (UPSud)
- ED 581 ABIES - Agriculture, biology, environment, health - (AgroParisTech)
- ED 577 SDSV - Structure and Dynamics of Living Systems - (UVSQ - UPSud - UEVE)
SPS and Université Paris-Saclay
The Laboratory of Excellence Saclay Plant Sciences (SPS) is one of the actors in the development of Université Paris-Saclay, particularly in plant sciences. This new university federates an exceptional scientific potential, bringing together founding members with varied but complimentary backgrounds: 2 universities, 10 high schools and 7 research organizations. To address the ever-increasing global competition in teaching, research and innovation, the founding members of Université Paris-Saclay have decided to combine their resources and create a joint teaching and research project of top international level.
The laboratories belonging to the SPS LabEx welcome about one hundred students per year in internship or in PhD position.
- 2010: 90 PhD students (including 49 foreigners)
- 2012: 89 PhD students (including 29 foreigners)
- Since 2012: funding of over 450 k€ targeted actions in Education (cutting edge equipment for practical classes, grants for conferences organized by and for the students, incoming mobility for foreign students.)